Search Your Location Here & Order Online

Several pubs and bars in Karnataka run out of liquor

A pub owner in Bengaluru told DH that he found himself in the position of explaining the matter to customers.

Many bars and pubs across the state ran out of liquor stocks on Tuesday as owners struggled to place orders under a new system to sell spirits implemented by the Karnataka State Beverages Corporation Ltd (KSBCL), leaving tipplers dry.

Owners and managers of restaurants and bars told DH that the online purchase system has made it difficult for them to purchase the stocks in time. Till last week, owners could transfer money through RTGS and raise the indent manually to buy spirit..

Read also: New legal liquor home delivery service launched in Dubai by African Eastern and MMI

Till last week, owners could transfer money through RTGS and raise the indent manually to buy spirits from the depots. However, on Monday, KSBCL implemented a new system where owners have to raise the indent for the stocks needed during the next day …

“Earlier, we could transfer money and get the orders. The system of raising the indent is welcome but is cumbersome. We work till late night and find it difficult to place orders between the 9 pm-9 am window. Only 20 per cent of the retailers know how to work with the new system. The remaining 80 per cent have experienced huge losses as they had no liquor to serve the customers,” said S Guruswamy, president of Federation of Wine Merchants Association Karnataka.

Source: https://www.deccanherald.com/state/top-karnataka-stories/several-bars-pubs-in-karnataka-run-out-of-liquor-1097971.html

Add Comment

Minimum 4 characters
Sunday Special Offer
Sunday Special Offer