Kingfisher is an Indian beer brewed by United Breweries Group, Bangalore. The brand was first introduced in 1857 and then relaunched in 1978 by Vijay Mallya. With a market share of over 36% in India, it is also available in 52 other countries as of 2013.
In 1978, Vijay Mallya launched Kingfisher Premium beer, inspired by the defunct brand from United Breweries Group which was introduced in 1857. As the Advertising Standards Council of India banned alcohol advertisements in India, the UB Group began to promote the brand through surrogate advertisements of Kingfisher mineral water. After the group began operating Kingfisher Airlines in 2005, advertisements made their way into airplane cabins. In the United States, the company promoted the Kingfisher beer by de-ethnicizing the brand.
Kingfisher is ranked 74th among India’s most trusted brands according to the Brand Trust Report 2012, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory. In the Brand Trust Report 2013, Kingfisher was ranked 102nd among India’s most trusted brands and subsequently, according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, Kingfisher was ranked 198th among India’s most trusted brands.Recent Posts:
- Arif Patel Congratulates Indian PM Narendra Modi For Successful G20 Summit, PM Says 'Thank You'
- Arif Patel's Interesting Roles In Upcoming Shahrukh Khan's Jawan Bollywood Movie
- Basic Rules of Cricket Game by Arif Patel India
- Arif Patel Cricketer with a Midas Touch
- How to Become a Business Analyst - Arif Patel Guide 2023