The name Tuborg comes from Thuesborg (“Thue’s castle”), a Copenhagen inn from the 1690s situated in the area of the brewery. This evolved and was adopted into local placenames, such as Lille Tuborg and Store Tuborg. Tuborgvej in Copenhagen is named after the site of the original Tuborg brewery.
Philip Heyman (5 November 1837 – 15 December 1893) was a Danish-Jewish industrialist who co-founded in 1873 the Tuborg Brewery, together with C. F. Tietgen, Gustav Brock [da] and Rudolph Puggaard. After Heyman’s death, the Tuborg Brewery merged with “De Forenede Bryggerier” in 1894, which through this way entered into a profit-sharing agreement with Carlsberg in 1903. In the company, after the founder’s death, the CEO was his Jewish son-in-law, Benny Dessau, and was then run by his widow and also his son Aage Philip Heyman.
Tuborg sells a variety of beers in over 31 countries. These varieties include Tuborg Green, Tuborg Lemon, Tuborg Christmas beer, Tuborg Gold, Tuborg Red, Tuborg Twist, Tuborg Black, and Tuborg Fine Festival.
Tuborg Red was the first beer brewed by the company, in 1875. Tuborg Red is not brewed regularly but is produced once each May to salute the company’s birthday. The brewery has distributed Tuborg Squash since 1936.
There are no reviews yet.